"ORTHOPAEDICS AND TRAUMATOLOGY: The major health service offered at NOHE by the Orthopaedic Surgeons of which there are eleven Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons, more than 12 senior residents in Orthopaedics, and many more junior residents. The department offers care in various subspecialties including Arthroplasty, Spine, Paediatric Orthopaedics, Deformity Correction, General Orthopaedics and Trauma, Bone and Joint Infections etc. The unit proffers advice on Preventive, Diagnostic, Therapeutic and Rehabilitative Orthopaedics amongst other services. The trauma unit renders emergency services 24 hours every day including public holidays while the Out Patient Clinic is open week days".
1. Treatment of fractures especially of long bones, dislocations and management of the spinally injured form the bulk .
Apart from trauma, other procedures done include:
2. Correction of Club foot
3. Correction of angular deformities and malunited fractures
4. Management of osteomyelitis
5. Management of arthropathies
6. Orthopaedic complications of Diabetes Mellitus
7. Management of bone tumors
8. Correction of scoliosis
9. Spinal decompression/stabilization
14.Management of congenital orthopaedic anomalies